Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

28/04/24 - 06:13:06

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,723
  • Latest: AntG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

55 Guests, 0 Users

Fog light controller

Started by Truck, 18/02/18 - 19:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Truck

I have the rear for light fitted to my Varadero 1000, with the fog light controller, now this fog light controller is also used on the deauville for front and rear fogs, does anyone know if I can also run front spot lights through it when it is on a Varadero ? The fog lights used on the deauville are halogen and the ones I have fitted are led so should have a smaller load on the circuit. Anyone ever done this thanks in advance.

S Barker

A part number or spec for the controller would help.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Truck

Don't know about the spec of the controller as I can't find any info on it other than it was a genuine Honda one part number 08v38-mew-800

The Prodded Dog

If you are adding in LEDs to this lighting circuit you shouldn't encounter any problems due to their much lower current draw.
However the power will have to come from somewhere so you need to check the fuse rating for the circuit. It could well power other accessories.
Probably better to create a separate fused circuit for non standard ancillaries.
Can I recommend this item from Marks Motorcycle parts.
https://www.marksmotorcycleparts.co.uk/product-page/5-way-switched-fused-power-outlet-1
Solid state, provides 1 amp plus 4 X 5 amp outlets with self healing fuses. Triggered by ignition circuit so no chance of leaving power on.
I have used it on my last three bikes. Powered heated grips, sat navs, 30 amp relay for air horns, spot lights etc all without problem.
I power it using an Optimate female connector available cheaply on Ebay, if you have an Optimate battery connector. Saves loading up the battery with connectors and it is a simple matter to switch between bike power and battery charging.

Cheers
The Prodded  Dog
I can still do all the things I could when I was 21, but now it is with less teeth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp4adNTP0Y

S Barker

08v38-mew-800 appears to be a universal controller incorporating a dual switch (front and rear fog lights) wiring, connectors and 3 fuses (see image below)

I cant find any other information on the web relating to the installation of this part

If you have this part already and it has the 3 fuses what rating are they ?

Does your part have two switches ?
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Truck

Not sure on the fuses that are installed, would have to check, the controller doesn't come with any switches they are part of the lighting kit that is required on the Varadero Honda only list rear fog light so I have that kit with the rear fog light switch, I've ordered a front fog light switch for a deauville that should be hear in the next few days.

Does anyone know where the quartet harness gets its power from ? As this is what the controller is plugged into I also have heated grips and nav on the quartet harness, this is why I was wondering if it could take the load.