Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 05:38:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 361
Total: 361

361 Guests, 0 Users

HISS Issue

Started by Steve M, 14/05/20 - 14:35:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve M

Hi Guys and Gals. It seems, from reading lots of similar posts, that the HISS fitted to the Vara's can be a little, unpredictable. I've had mine play up occassionally, i.e. green light won't go out, turns over but won't fire (2002 carb version), but it has never actually let me down, it's always got there eventually. I think the worst case was six goes before it finally let started and there is always the worry in the back of your mind that, one day, it just won't play and you just know it will be at the most inconvenient time/place.

I've read lots of advice about use/don't use the kill switch, press the starter when switching on ignition...or don't. All sounds a bit Boris coming out of lockdown....confusing.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone actually knows what the issue is with the HISS and IF it can be remedied. For me, I'd be happy to take it off altogether for the peace of mind of knowing it's not going to fail completely.

Cheers and Stay safe.

S Barker

Hi

Plenty of earlier advice on here re HISS issues.

The long standing consensus is to leave the ignition on, toggle the kill switch and then try starting again.

HISS is an integral part of the ECU so I dont think it can be removed.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Rafa

Every now and again the HISS light fails to go out on my XL1000 V2 and toggling the kill switch with the ignition switch on, cures it. Thanks Mr Barker. In the past I got past it by switching the ignition switch, which sometimes took 6 go's.