Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

12/05/24 - 17:55:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49

49 Guests, 0 Users

Oxford Hot Grips

Started by Blahhhh, 07/10/04 - 19:18:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge Butt

My favourite used to be "Good evening Wing Commander - taking off or landing?" used it a couple of times and gets a smile most times!!
Butt?, F*cking Butt?? It's F*cking Sarge to you!

happychappy

Redeye; would I even suggest you is a woos  ::)

My thinking is this; If the mercury drops when we're in Poland, I don't want to be stopping every 10 minutes to clasp the engine with me bare hands!

MacValk; if you're off to Manc-land this weekend, how about pencilling me in for the following weekend at your gaff? If that's OK, we could celebrate Martin Luther King Day by installing a pair of hot grips in his memory. Not actually IN his memory, as I haven't got his brain  :-\

I would be very appreciative of your help (....no; I genuinely would!)
HOC 28750
"There's no such thing as bad weather; just the wrong clothes" (Billy Connolly)  "I'm on the whisky diet....I've lost three days already"! (Tommy Cooper)
Knowledge is luggage:- I travel light.

MacValk

Quote from: happychappy on  06/01/05 - 19:45:24

MacValk; if you're off to Manc-land this weekend, how about pencilling me in for the following weekend at your gaff? If that's OK, we could celebrate Martin Luther King Day by installing a pair of hot grips in his memory. Not actually IN his memory, as I haven't got his brain? :-\

I would be very appreciative of your help (....no; I genuinely would!)

Looks like I'm gonna give Manchester a miss this year.
Give us a call on the mobile and we can arrange a date (PS weather looks mega shite for this weekend).
***   Its "Hard as Fuck Purple" I tell ya!  ***

happychappy

Taverymuch

Wouldn't it have to be done on a Saturday, left at your gaff overnight (- for the glue to set), then ridden away on the Sunday?
HOC 28750
"There's no such thing as bad weather; just the wrong clothes" (Billy Connolly)  "I'm on the whisky diet....I've lost three days already"! (Tommy Cooper)
Knowledge is luggage:- I travel light.

MacValk

Depends on the glue that is used I suppose.
If grips are fitted first, then all the other bits afterwards (wiring, mounting control etc, then glue should have set enough to be safe to ride home. Just run the engine with the grips switched on and the glue will set even faster).

Redeye

Quote from: MacValk on  06/01/05 - 23:10:56
Depends on the glue that is used I suppose.
If grips are fitted first, then all the other bits afterwards (wiring, mounting control etc, then glue should have set enough to be safe to ride home. Just run the engine with the grips switched on and the glue will set even faster).

........or melt... :D

Mark H

or there'll be a huge fekin' bang, smoldering wires and flames a flickerin'
Team DNF is now just waiting for another arse kicking...

Harv

Quotethere'll be a huge fekin' bang, smoldering wires and flames a flickerin'

....but Mark...surely you missed the point...thats just what he wants...warm hands!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path..... and leave a trail...!

.....and remember, "Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak"

Mark H

Yeah; but amputation at the wrist?
Team DNF is now just waiting for another arse kicking...

MacValk

Now don't you lot go freaking HC

Ralph W

Quote from: Redeye on  06/01/05 - 17:35:20
Quote from: Slider on  06/01/05 - 17:18:00
Quote from: Redeye on  06/01/05 - 08:15:04

But I put my cigar lighter there so seems the obvious position....out of the way but handy.

Right next to the ashtray I presume!! ;D

Obviously! >:(
What is it with coppers that they have to state the obvious. "In a hurry are we Sir?", "My, this a fast motorcycle Sir!", "Didn't see me parked in the bushes then Sir?", "Ashtray next to the lighter Sir, that's a good idea Sir".

Of course its next to the ashtray! No good putting it on the seat behind me is it. Ash would blow off me fag as I tried to get to it!

Do you also have a hole in the front of you helmet to stick the fag through like Barry Sheene used to have for a quick last drag whilst on the grid!  :-\
HOC No:-  Retired.

Woody

Quote from: Slider on  06/01/05 - 18:14:30
My favourite used to be "Good evening Wing Commander - taking off or landing?" used it a couple of times and gets a smile most times!!

;D ;D ;D
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them

HOC # 28973

Deaks

Hey all.

I got '08 stock Oxford Heated Grips as they were on the cheap, and I wired them stright to the battery (which is what Oxford recommends) on my baby Vara.

The unit is fused so I didnt see any issue. Is flattening the battery the only worry everyone has? My house mate wired his to the ignition on his Deauville, but it seems to have damaged two control units, one grip wont heat up properly while the other does.

I did leave them on one day, fortunatly the battery had enough charge to get the engine turning! Thank tiny little 125 that needs less power than my phone to start lol
Biking isn't for everyone, just those who actually want to live life.

Patriot

Quote from: happychappy on  06/01/05 - 21:10:03
Taverymuch

Wouldn't it have to be done on a Saturday, left at your gaff overnight (- for the glue to set), then ridden away on the Sunday?

In others words....can I stay at your house this weekend? lol
I spent most of my money on...Beer, Women and Motorcycles. The rest I just waisted.